Friday, September 3, 2010

Staycation

I'm amazed at how many people still ask "so where are you going on vacation?" when you announce you're taking time off. Most people I know have chosen to do staycations this year, and it's quite rare for people to actually get on a plane and go somewhere.

I'm on one of these staycations now. Finally. Away from the office, away from the traffic. Sitting at home, eating chips for breakfast, staring at all the chores that I was supposed to do three months ago when I moved in.

As much as I would love to go away somewhere, the money is better spent fixing up the house, since, at the end of the day, this is the place where I'll be spending the most time of my life. And if I'm not happy here, it's not like I can run away from it.

So we'll see what happens over the next two weeks. I have some great intentions, and some delusions of grandeur. Let's see what we can come up with over the next while...pics to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment